Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Want some pie?

I love pie.  It’s one of my favorite desserts.  Given a choice between cake and pie, I’ll almost always pick pie!  So when I was contemplating my Thanksgiving invitations and I saw the pie cut on the Thanksgiving cart, I thought I’d try to build my card around it!  I think it turned out quite nice. 

P1070146

I used some cardstock in my stash for the base.  I have no idea where I got it.  The layers are cut from that same fall DCWV stack I’ve been using all fall.  The other bits of card stock are from my scrap drawers.  I love to see those scraps getting used up! 

All of the Cricut cuts come from the Thanksgiving cartridge.  I love that leaf motif.  It’s so elegant.  I cut the pie base twice, once in white and once in the burgundy that used for the card base and then trimmed the steam off. The crust was cut from a very light beige and I made it look brown with my trusty brown ink pad.  The sentiment is from one of my $1.00 stamps.  The edge punch is a Fiskars punch from several years ago and has served me well over the years.  I thought it added to the leaf motif I’d already started. 

Turn out pretty good.  I’m happy with it. 

P1070147 

P1070149

Now to get them in the mail! 

No comments: