Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Change of Pace

Thanksgiving is next week and I’ve got so much to do.  I’m feeling a little panicked.  I’ve got less and less time to spend in my little studio creating so the projects I’m doing are tending to be less involved.  Right now I’m making ornaments for the little Christmas tree I’m putting in my studio.  The ornaments will all be in pink, turquoise and black. 

I am going to share two of them with you now.  P1070158P1070159

This first one is about 15 triangles shaped in a ball.  Does anyone know what this shape is called?  Any way, I got an email this week from Right AT Home with a link to the pattern for this little ball and several other shapes.  The site actually had printable patterns that already had Christmas designed paper you could choose from.  I didn’t really care for any of the patterns, so I just printed out a couple of the patterns and used them to do my own thing. 

I traced the pattern on the back of my own paper, cut it out and scored all the folds.  Then I started folding and gluing all the  tabs. The directions for both the patterns I used are not the greatest but they weren’t that hard to figure out.  When I was done I had a little ball made of triangles.  It came to me that each triangle needed a flower.  I cut out two of the daisy cut from Doodlecharms, one at 1” and one at 1 1/4  for each flower, bent the petals up and used my black Stickles to put a black center in each flower.  Then I glued a flower onto each triangle.  I had to hot glue the ribbon to the top for the hanger.  I love the way it turned out.  

P1070160

P1070161

This star was on the Right AT Home site too.  The flourish is from Accent Essentials and I cut it in half.  Not so happy with this one but I’ve got some ideas on how to improve it.  Both papers are from last year’s DCWV’s regular Christmas stack.  I’ll have two more for you all Saturday! 

1 comment:

cecilia said...

I love the ornaments, I will have to try it and see if it comes out as beautiful as yours.