Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Tree Trimming Invitation

Over on The Cuttlebug Spot the challenge this week is to create an invitation.  Every year our family gathers on either Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving to decorate our tree.  The kids, our grown kids, usually get a charge of seeing all our old ornaments, and Jim and I enjoy seeing the kids, the grandchildren, decorate the tree.  And yes, I usually do have to go back and “fix” the tree because there are bare spots.  I try to do a little baking for this day, and I make a huge pot of chili. We party and enjoy each other company.  Then we put the kids to bed and we sit down to watch Chevy Chase’s National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.  We all say the dialogue with the characters and laugh our guts out.  OK, maybe not our guts, but we laugh a lot!  And no, we never get tired of it!

I always send out invitations to Thanksgiving dinner, and I will this year too, but this year I thought I’d send out an invitation to our tree trimming party. So The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge was the perfect opportunity for me. 

I used the Victoria A2 embossing folder for this A2 card and the Christmas Noel cart for the tree branch and ornament on the card.  I am sorry, but I can‘t remember what cart I got the frame from.  The patterned paper is from the new Christmas Foiled stack from DCWV and the card base is  Core’dinations Gemstone.  I have to tell that  the Gemstones line is wonderful.  Check it out.  The gold brushed paper that I embossed is Paper Pizazz, and the green is Core’dinations.  The white decoration on the ornament is from the DCWV Glitter Stack.  The rest are all scraps.  The sentiment is a dollar stamp I picked up at Joann last week. It had several gems with it and I used one of the red ones for the center of the ornament.  I also distressed the embossed frame with Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink. I have since wiped the embossed frame with a rag and it looks much better.  P1070058

P1070060

P1070061

P1070063

It turned out much like I wanted it to. That in itself is a miracle.  Ideas that spring up in my head rarely turn out the way I see them in my head!  Now I just have to make 5 more.

Hey, by the way, when do you trim your tree?

3 comments:

flowerdisco said...

absolutely adorable. TFS :)

GiuliaG. said...

Wow, is this ever gorgeous.

Donna said...

What a great invitation! Love the idea and the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!