Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another ornament

 

This time it is a pink and black Christmas tree.  I cut 2 each of 6 layers of the scalloped circle on Mini Monograms starting with 1” and going up to about  2 1/2”.  I glued the scallops together back to back and on the edges both front and back I used some pink Stickles.  I threaded them on a 1/8 inch dowel separated by black wooden beads using one bead for the trunk and then using a hot glue gun to secure them in  place.  On the top I used two white star buttons.  The paper is from the All Dressed Up DCWV stack. P1070162

The real story here is those black wooden beads.  You see they weren’t always black!  In fact they were red, so in my typical “use what you have” philosophy, I pulled out my Bic Markits, got my black one and colored those red beads black.   They turned out fine! 

P1070164

P1070165

P1070166

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hi, I cam across your blog via the Critut Top 40 website. I just love this ornament you made. I might have to try that out for next Christmas.

Thank you for sharing,
Valerie