Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

And 1 makes 9!

This week is going to be a hodgepodge of whatever strikes my fancy.  Today I’ve got a LO I did for my last grandson’s birth.  We have 9 grandchildren each one as special as the rest, but Chaz is our last and we are trying to enjoy every minute of his babyhood. This means I’ve been spending more time playing with him than I’ve spent scrapping his life so far.  So I stopped recently and started trying to do some scrapping before the details of all those photos disappear from my head.  Chaz LOs003I’ve scrapped the births of 7 of our nine grandchildren and it’s sometimes been a challenge to have a new take on it. I think that’s what kept me from tackling Chaz’s photos.  We were extremely happy for his arrival but we have been for all our grandchildren.  I also think one of the challenges of scrapping for a baby boy is to keep things slightlymasculine and yet hone in on the sweetness of the baby.  I chose these colors because I think they allowed me to do just that.  I wanted the page to have a slightly dreamy look because he really was a dream come true for our son and his wife as well as for us.  So I added the swirls and start to indicate how heaven sent he was.  Chaz LOs004

Chaz LO005

I remember doing lots of layering because I was out of dimensionals, but I think it turned out fine. You’ll also see lots of faux stitching and some ribbon at different points and for different emphasis on the pages. Chaz LO004  

Chaz LOs005

I also tried to echo the circle theme of one of the papers with the journaling circles.

Recipe:

DCWV for patterned paper

DCWV and Bazzill for the cardstock

Cuttin’ Up for the font

Ashlyn’s Alphabet for swirls

George and basic shapes for stars and circle cuts

Signo white gel pen for stitching and a blue gel pen for journaling. 

I like the way this LO turned out.  Satisfied—Content! 

No comments: