A couple of months ago I shared pictures of my new floor and painted walls. The whole renovation project has moved slowly, but last weekend my youngest daughter came to visit ,and she helped me out by cutting all the contact paper I needed to pull all my plastic 12X12 drawers into my décor scheme.
My original idea was to make these paper covers and labels.
However after thinking about the use I give these drawers especially the ones that hold my scraps, I began to think that after awhile the paper would begin to look tattered and worn. So I came up with another idea.
I decided to use contact paper to cover the outer front of the drawers and still use the label I’d created from Gypsy Wanderings. But when I went shopping for roles of black and white contact paper. Crazy, but I could find no black, so I made a compromise and bought a white role with black and grey speckles on it.
I stamped the little border using Black Ranger ink and Studio G dollar stamp I’ve had for a while and used black satin ribbon using Fabri Tack to fasten it to the contact paper. I hand wrote the words using my best penmanship. However, I don’t think I ever got an A in penmanship, so the results are a bit uneven. Still, I like the result.
I like the look and think it turn out every bit as well as the paper idea. Frankly it is quicker too! Now to finish them and I’ve run out of ribbon, so that will take a run to the store.