Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

A change from the expected programming

I am really sorry folks. Try as I might to get more done on the Halloween Countdown book done, I just couldn’t get much more done.  We are leaving for the weekend and have bogged down getting ready for the trip.  I won’t have any access to the internet and will be too busy to even think of blogging!  I’m going to celebrate my 12 year-old grandson’s birthday.  It seems only yesterday I held him for the first time!  He is my sweetie and I am looking forward to being with him for his birthday celebration.  

However, I am not leaving you without  inspiration! 

Often when I am finished with a project, I have a pile of scraps that are really not worth saving, but being the paper miser I am, I am hesitant to throw them away!  This summer having finished the mini album for my sister, a Christmas album for my daughter I had quite a pile.  I even had a few Cricut cuts that I didn’t want to throw away.  I do have a folder with Cricut cuts that I don’t use and often go to that folder when I need an extra embellishment. 

Any way I looked at my pile of tiny scraps and thought I would challenge myself to make a couple of cards with just the scraps I had and that I would cut them as little as possible. 

I am sharing those with you now as an alternative offering. 

The first one is a Christmas card and I kid you not ,I didn’t cut one piece of paper.  I even pulled the card base out scrap drawer and it was just the size.  Some adhesive , some faux stitching and a pop dot and this was the result! 

P1060214

This next card used scraps from my sister’s mini album and some leftover cuts from other flowers I had cut out.  I didn’t have to cut the card base but every other piece of paper got only some trimming and faux stitching. I inked the flowers and added the pearl to the middle of the little pink flower and a jewel to the center of one of the other flowers and I was done.  I even had the leaf leftover from another project! 

P1060217

How about you?  What could you make right now from that little pile of seemingly useless leftover bits and pieces?  Give it a try! 

No comments: