After making my spooky banner, I thought that I might pay a bit more attention to the flowers that really made my banner much more effective.
My original idea was to have flowers that looked dead and sort of moldering and using the dark purple and black fit into that idea. I first started just making regular flowers with Cricut cuts, but I wasn’t really satisfied with them because I didn’t feel they were dimensional enough for my purposes.
The technique of this flower is not my original idea. The gathered flower has been around for a long time. I did give it a little twist by adding Cricut cuts to it. Anyway, I thought I’d share the process with you especially if you are not familiar with the idea.
I seamed the ribbon so that I had a circle of ribbon.
As you can see, I changed the background so that you could see the flower better. I pulled the gathering stitch until I had a tight circle and whipped stitched it together and fastened it off to keep it together and gathered.
Then I turned to my trusty Cricut and my Walk in my Garden cart and cut two of the daisy cut at 1” and 1 1/2” and leaves and added them to the flower. Regular glue doesn’t work that well with this flower, so I used Fabri Tac.
Then I added a button . . .
I have a neat little flower for one of my next projects.
I hope you find a use for these lovely little flowers and add your own special twist on the idea.