Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

While you wait

I am a little slow posting my progress on the Halloween Countdown book this morning. I’m not feeling the best and I really had to do some housework. Drat the awful housework! I have to admit though that I do love the feeling of a clean room when I’m though, and my bathroom is sparkling this morning. It feels so good!

Anyway while you wait I thought I’d post the list of all the activities we’ve put together for the tags in the Countdown book. I say we because my darling daughter Stacey helped with the list. You are the best Stace! So are you Amy.

But first a quick peek at what I’ve been doing so far. P1060517

Here’s the list. If anyone has additional ideas please leave me a comment.

  1. Go to the library and get some fall books.
  2. Go to the library and get a scary movie.
  3. Make brownies with a powdered sugar leaf outline on top.
  4. Make a brown, orange, burgundy, yellow and purple paper chain for your bedroom.
  5. Make caramel corn to share with your friends.
  6. Learn a silly tongue twister. (If two witches were watching two watches, which witch would watch which watch?)
  7. Make some paper napkin rings for your Halloween supper. http://crafts.kaboose.com/indian-corn-napkin-rings.html
  8. Make a scarecrow with some old clothes for the front porch.
  9. Have a fall scavenger hunt.
  10. Draw the scariest spider you can! Cut it out and put it on the fridge!
  11. Make a scary menu for dinner. examples bloody breaded people fingers( chicken fingers with catsup) pickled eye balls(green grapes) intestines and blood (spaghetti)
  12. Go toss the football
  13. watch "its a great pumpkin" and pop popcorn
  14. make an obstacle course and run it
  15. build a scary monster out of legos
  16. Make a cup of homemade cocoa
  17. Go collect fallen leaves and make a leaf rubbing.
  18. make caramel apples
  19. carve a pumpkin
  20. roast pumpkin seeds
  21. rake leaves and jump in them
  22. go on a walk to see the changing leaves
  23. write a poem or story about your favorite fall activity
  24. bake a loaf of bread
  25. drink a cup of cider on your porch
  26. roast hotdogs on a bon fire
  27. roast marshmallows over the fire
  28. Ask your parents about their favorite Halloween memory and then tell yours.
  29. Decorate a paper bag to carry your treats in.
  30. Collect at least 10 different fall leaves.
  31. Go trick or treating with your parents and give them all your chocolate. Mawhaha!

No comments: