Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A sporting Dad

First of all I want to thank everyone who has come by my blog to see all the work I’ve been doing.  For those of you who have become followers, I give you a hearty Thank You!

My Dad loved to play sports.  It didn’t matter what sport; he loved them all.  Take him to any sporting event and he was happy.  He spent many Sunday afternoons trying to turn me into a decent baseball player.  He failed; although, he never stopped trying. 

When in Manzanola, Colorado High School, there wasn’t a sport my dad didn’t try his hand at, and he excelled at them all.  I have a basketball photo I am going to scrap later. 

When he left the ministry because of his health, he went to work for a university and became their biggest fan.  He almost single handedly welded all the bleachers on the football field and if you were to go to the gym where the team played basketball and climbed to the top of the bleachers, you might find a coat hook and a brass plate next to it that said this is where the #1 fan sat for every home game until he passed away.

When I came across this photo, I knew I had to use it to remember his love of sports.  What a handsome guy!  And could there be a better pose for a football player? 

P1060487

I bought the background paper when my grandsons started playing JFL.  You can’t see it, but it has football plays written on it.  This layout actually is made up from some scraps I pulled out my scrap drawer..  Those football borders are leftovers from some notebooks I made for my grandsons last fall.  I’d saved them because it was a pain to pick all the tiny bits out of those footballs and I just knew I’d used them.  Yea! All the football cuts are from Sports Mania and the font is from Cuttin Up with the serifs.   

I think the card stock is DCWV and it was a scrap.  The mats are various scraps I had.  I punched the brown mat with a Martha Stewart punch that sort of echoes the dots on the background paper.  Brads added a masculine edge.  The title pops off the page because of it’s nice bright greens.  There’s lots of faux stitching.  I added a football button  and star to the title for a little extra something, something. 

Close ups:

P1060488

P1060489

No comments: