Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My progress so far

Brrrrr! It’s chilly here this morning. Fall is here and I love fall. The colors, the air, and all the perks that come with fall make me in love it all the more. When I let my dog out this morning, I was surprised by the crisp, chilled air that me shiver, and yet I walked out on the deck and took a deep breath of it. It was one of those rare moments when the beauty of God’s creations and the privilege of being it overwhelmed me. Love it!

I know you are not here to hear of how I feel about fall! You are here to check out what has happened with the Halloween Countdown Book, and so I won’t make you wait. This is where I am at.

I cut 31 pieces of card stock at 3 3/8 x 2 7/8.

P1060509

Next I cut these numbers using the square frame option from Designer’s Calendar with my Gypsy set at 2.34 x2.25.

P1060510

Then I cut these tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at 2.69 x3.74 and its shadow cut. This paper is from a Provocraft 24” pad, and no paper cuts better than this paper. Why doesn’t Provocraft produce some 12” paper of the same quality?

P1060511From this point honestly it was just a lot of faux stitching and inking which took way too long. I inked the black shadow tag with white. I liked the it turned out.

I finished it up watching Dancing with the Stars! Love that show. It’s because I can’t dance and even after years of music instruction I still have no natural sense of the beat! I dream of gliding across a dance floor!

P1060512

Next I pulled out my Cuttlebug and started embossing the tags and the mats for the numbers. I used the D’Vine Swirls embossing folder and the Spots and Dots on the mats for the numbers. I’ve got to go back and label those Cuttlebug folders so that I know which one I’ve used, so I don’t have to look it up.

P1060513Next I start assembling the envelope pockets and tags. I hand wrote the activities for each day and am still doing that. This where I ended the process when I went to bed last night. I plan on using several different ribbons for the tags.

P1060514

Darn! I wish I had better handwriting!

Today I hope to start assembling the pages, so that I can share that with you tomorrow.

Please make a comment especially if you have ideas for activities for the tags. I am still collecting ideas for the tags. I would love to hear from you.

No comments: