Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to Blogging

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on my blog. We’ve had so many things going on in our lives that it has been hard to shift focus, but I am back and plan to be more consistent in my attention.

The biggest new thing for me is that we cleaned out and packed up my scraproom so that we could replace the carpet with the hardwood we’ve had sitting downstairs for 2 years and paint. I don’t think that room had been painted since the house was built 30 years ago. It was still that contractor’s white and really still in remarkable shape for all the wear it has gone through.

My plans are to redo my scraproom using what we have by repurposing and refinishing. We’ve got quite a few pieces of furniture downstairs and in the garage that taking on new lives. Oh, do I have some plans! My husband is frightened by them. As we finish all the projects I have in mind, I will share them with you. So without further ado, or really a whole lot more than it’s worth, I’m going to share what the room looks like now without all my things in it. I painted it a light shade of pink. I just had to! I’ve not had a pink room since I was 8 years old and it was high time that I returned to my girly roots. P1060281

What do you think? Since all the repurposing will take some time, I’ve moved back in—sort of. And I’ve been really productive. So as we progress, I’ll share all the projects with you.

1 comment:

KatElisaCrafts said...

Love the PINK and the floor looks great! Can't wait to see updated pictures! That is a big room! Lucky you! lol