Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday and Gingerbread

For years I’ve made applesauce cinnamon gingerbread boys to hang in the garland in my kitchen.  It’s an every year thing and I started to think about doing it with my Cricut.  Now if I had a Cricut Cake, I might make the dough and cut it with the Cricut cake, but I don’t.  Any body out there game for this? 

Since I only have the Expression, I pulled out some nice gingery brown cardstock and the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge, set my expression at 3 1/2” and cut the boy and girl gingerbread people. 

For the girl I cut 1 of the brown cardstock, 1 red, and one of chipboard.  I removed the head, arms, and legs of the red which left me with the dress.  I also took a piece of green cardstock and glued it behind the two hearts on the skirt so that you can’t see through it and so that I could add some green glitter glue.  Then I assembled the three pieces.

P1070353

Before I slipped a length of ribbon between the brown cardstock and the chipboard, then I pressed the two pieces closed. 

P1070355

See this stuff!  I’ve had it forever! I use it whenever I want something to look like it’s got snow or icing. Works great!

P1070358

See!  It looks great.  I still have to add the bow  and the glitter hearts on the gingerbread girls.  I also used black stickles dots for the eyes. 

P1070360P1070361

Cute, huh!

The little boys were less work but they still turned out great.

P1070362

P1070363P1070364

From here I did the same things as for the gingerbread girls except where the hearts are I added little red buttons.

Here is what they look like in my garland over my sink.  P1070365

P1070366

P1070367

I still have several little bits of magic I am going to add to these and my kitchen, and I‘ll post pictures of the whole kitchen.  Until then . . .

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

No comments: