Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Minty and Sweet

Remember when I posted the gingerbread people, I said I was adding something more to my kitchen garlands?  Today I did it! I made those cute peppermints on page 26 of Joys of the seasons.  I used my Gypsy to hide the candy cane, and I didn’t cut the wrapper.  The result was a cute peppermint to add to my garland. 

P1070408

I used glitter glue from Studio G.  I often use this cheaper alternative to Stickles when I know the project is not required to be archival safe.  It made the peppermints look so sweet!  Then I punched holes on each side, added ribbon to tie two together, and ribbon on each end to attach the two peppermints to the garland and it was ready to go.  Very fast, very easy! 

P1070416

And now some close ups!

P1070417

P1070418

P1070419P1070420

1 comment:

Susan Edwards said...

Oh my gosh - your blog is FABULOUS! I love both of your most recent projects... I am going to add you to my side bar!

In the meantime, what brought me here is the news that you are the winner of my $50 blog candy gift voucher!!!! I will need your email address and last name so that I can send that information to Lisa at Custom Crops. Lisa will then contact you with your gift voucher code (just put the code in like a coupon and it will deduct $50 from your total).

Congratulations!!

Susan