Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Luxury of Saturday

There is something deliciously decadent about a Saturday. It is an enticing prospect to look forward at a day unencumbered by schedules or requirements.  That’s today and I have to admit I’ve been looking forward to it all week. My husband is off to Peoria with his mother and I am here all alone in the house with nothing to do!  Now I love Jim and I’d rather spend the day with him and anything or anyone else but how marvelous to have this day! 

I’ll be making a little scrapbooking shopping trip to pick up some essentials and then I’m holing up in my scrapbooking room to create.  However, before I’m off to shop, I thought I’d share a couple of projects I’ve been working on. 

Having seen some altered notebooks, I thought I’d do one for each of my grandchildren.  I also plan on making pencil cases and some other little things they can use as they go back to school.  So here goes.  Let me know what you think. 

I used my Cricut and the Sports Mania cartridge for these.

P1040693

This one is for my oldest grandson and he loves basketball.  I love the contrast of the greens with the color of the basket ball.  I used the basketball border for the edges and mitered the corners. 

 P1040694

 

I used the football edge for this one.  And though you can’t see it here the “football is LIFE” is in red.

P1040695

This last one is actually the first one I did.  The golf ball border is nice and silly me, I even put it on the back of the notebook which led me to not put the borders on the backs of the others. 

P1040696

I’ve got 5 more to do! 

No comments: