Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kassidy’s First Year

Two weeks ago I became a great aunt for the first time and she is a cutie.  My nephew and his wife have named their little bundle of joy Kassidy and for my baby gift to them I am making an album for them to record their baby’s first year.  I thought I’d share it with you as I work to complete it.   Today I finished the cover between fixing dinner and playing with my 13 month old grandson. 

I am using the Baby Girl DCWV stack for most of it. I wanted to make it big enough to record new developments in the baby each month and possibly an important event and a couple of pictures each month, so I cut it out at 8X10.  I used chip board between the sheets of paper for the covers and just glued the other sheets back to back.  I cut the corners and flourish from Storybook, love that cart, and the title with Alphalious, another favorite.  I don’t have access to really great flowers, but these are from Hobby Lobby and Paper Studio and I think they do the job. I used a translucent pink button with a jewel in the middle. Also I used Stickles, Fruit Punch,  to highlight the hearts on the corners and the bits on the flourish.  So far I’m pretty happy with the results.  I’ll try to add a page a day and share here.  P1040718

No comments: