Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

You are the Cherry on my Cupcake

I have a bunch of birthday cards to make because we have a bunch of birthdays in January and February!  My very lovely daughter Stacey has a birthday the day before Valentines Day.  She was due Valentines Day.  She has always been a love and such a treat as a daughter. I made this for her!  She is the cherry on my cupcake! 

What worked out great was that My Pink Stamper is having a birthday challenge! What an incentive to get at least one of those birthday cards done! 

P1070840

For this card the cuts come from Gypsy Wanderings and From my Kitchen for the cupcake. The two mats are from pages 35 and 43 and the bracket is on page 38. The Happy Birthday is on page 31.  The cupcake is on page 61 of the From My Kitchen handbook.  There are lots of cuts but the card went together quickly.  I did a little pen work on this card such as a shiny bit on the cupcake and some faux stitching and used pop dots to add dimension.  The paper is from the Sweet stack from DCWV. It’s a great stack for card exactly like this one!  The card stock is from a variety of sources which came from my scrap drawers and include Bazzill Bling and Cord’inations.

P1070841P1070842

P1070843

P1070844P1070845P1070846

I can’t wait to give to her!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh wow i love your card. So adorable. The colors are so pretty =)

Hugs from Lilli =)
www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

SOOOOOO pretty!! I really LOVE that cupcake!!

www.purplescrapbooker.com

DIANA L. said...

This is such a nice, card your colors go so well with each other.
TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/