Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Heart and a Cow

I’ve got two cards for you today.   They are both for my husband and are tied to the little gifts I give him.  My husband loves candy—more than me, so some of my little gifts are candy and these two cards will accompany candy he likes.  This first card is going to accompany some Fire Balls.  He loves these.  He will be so happy. 

P1070935

That heart comes from Indie Heart and it’s the first image I’ve used from this cartridge.  It seemed the right choice for this card.  It’s a 5x7” card and the paper is from DCWV and the cardstock is a mix of scraps from my scrap drawers. The phrase is cut from Pooh font and the wood feature.  I welded the phrase with my Gypsy. 

P1070936

I sprayed the heart with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist Gold, and when I was done I held it in front of my little space heater because I wanted it to dry fast and this caused the strange looking mottling and cracking!  I like it!  It wasn’t my intent but I like it!  P1070941

This next card is sort of silly but I really like how it tuned out and I think Jim will get a laugh out of it.  It sort of just came to me and I made the cut file with my Gypsy. 

This card will accompany a box of Milk Duds. P1070944

I know it’s pink but I think it works for the card!  The cow is from Paper Doll Dress Up, and I cut it out 4 times.  I cut it once in pink for the face and udders, once in tan for the horns, once in black and once in white.  I used my little scissors and cut the spots out on the white to give the cow some spots.  I trimmed off the hooves, the tail as well as the very top of the head.  Looks pretty good I think.  The font is Alphalicious and was welded with my Gypsy.  The cartoon bubble is from Smiley Cards and scalloped rectangle is from Mini Monograms and I stretched it one way.  The patterned pattern is from DCWV All Dressed Up Stack.  Cute, huh! 

This card is another 5x7 and when I embossed the pink card stock with my Cuttlebug, I had to do it in several passes. It’s easy with the Dotted Swiss folder because it’s so easy to match the pattern. 

P1070945

P1070946P1070947

P1070948P1070949

And that’s it for today.  I’ll be working in my studio putting together some new projects because we are in the middle of a major winter storm complete with freezing rain and massive inches of snow!.  I’m so happy I am be warm and snug in my house. 

No comments: