Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What’s Important

Life is a puzzle isn’t it!  You’re tripping along making all sorts of plans when suddenly you are slapped silly with one of life’s emergencies.  Today was one of those days and after quite a few anxious moments and lots of prayers I am reminded about what’s important. 

It isn’t that weekend you’ve planned or going out to coffee with a friend after work.  It’s not that project you’ve got sitting on your work table at home or even the laundry that mysteriously piled up in and beside the hamper.  Its not what you are going to fix for supper or when you’ll manage to get to the library to return that overdue book.  No it’s something much more fragile and totally out of our control.  It’s life!  Yours and all those of your loved ones. It’s like a breath of air; here one moment and instantly gone the next.  More importantly, I remembered that I am not in charge!  Amazing!  How could I forget!

So once I got my priorities in the right place, I had to stop and ask God to help me remember what was important and who was in charge! I stopped and thanked Him for the blessings of my family and for His always present care.  Then I sat down and cried uncontrollably for at least 15 minutes from relief and to release all the tension I’d been holding in all morning.  What a day! What a relief.  What a blessing!

No comments: