Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What will happen today?

I don't know; do you? Isn't it funny how we get out of bed each day and expect each day to be like the last with the exception of good things happening to us. We never expect to get up and have a life shattering event over take us. The good thing is that God is ALWAYS with us no matter the joy or the sorrow that waits for us. It helps me when things like sewage coming up through my basement floor happens to remember what Jesus said to his disciples as he taught them.

Matthew 6:34: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Do I wait for the bad with as much anticipation as I do the good? Of course not. I wait for God. That's it and that's what this season is about. Waiting for God to offer us a sacrifice sufficient for our sins; waiting for God to lift me above my circumstances, teach me to live in Joy, to share Jesus with every one my life touches. .
So I've started my day dressed in my favorite red fleece pullover, my red Christmas, sparkly, snowman socks and with my cup of coffee and some toast with marmalade. I am practicing the joy of the season and enjoying my Christmas preparations. I don't know what may happen but I'll live in the moment and trust God for the joy and sorrow, the contentedness and turmoil, the satisfaction and the dissatisfaction. He is sufficient unto the day!

No comments: